briefing_14/02/2018

Renew Takes To The Streets

On a glorious day, we took to Parliament on Thursday to throw our voices behind a vote on our future. We believe that we should have had the choice to make this vote matter, so yesterday our message was: ‘Make it Meaningful’.

Here’s a couple of photos from the day. Thanks to everyone who came down.

If you’d like to get involved on days like this, become a Renew member today.

Also, check out Annabel Mullin and James Clarke talking about the future of Brexit and much more below.


Become a Member to Attend Renew’s Spring Conference

Our Spring Conference in Birmingham is now less than two months away, so do sign up if you want to influence Renew’s platform for years to come. We will send out more details about this event as it draws closer. It’s a members only event, so if you are not a member yet then please sign up here for membership. We will then send you details about how to purchase your ticket.


Salisbury Speaks

When we went up to Salisbury with our Renewometer, we found some interesting results to our questions. Here they are:

If you feel the same way as the people of Salisbury, be sure to become a member of Renew if you haven’t already. We’re the only party proposing solutions to all of the above questions - and have great people from outside politics ready to stand for election.

If you’re not sure about becoming a member but would like to help in other ways, please consider donating to our cause. Your support will fund our outreach activities across the country, as well as preparation for fielding candidates in future elections.


What You Said About The License Fee

The other week, we asked you whether the TV license should be scrapped. Now we can announce the results. 56% of you thought it should be scrapped, with the other 44% coming out in support of the TV license. It was a close-run thing, and we’ll keep an eye on developments on this issue as they transpire.

 


Write For Us

Renew wants to hear about the political issues that have affected you personally for the news section of our website. This is your chance to become part of our voice, so if you have something to say, we want to give you the platform to say it.

This week, we’d like stories about business. If you run a small enterprise, work for an interesting company or have anything else to say about the business world, tell us about it. We want real messages from real people so that visitors to our website can really understand Renew’s message. Send a few hundred words to Renew’s Communications Officer James Dilley and we’ll feature your stories in our blog posts.


Now read these…

Top 10 Facts About The Will Of The People: Renew supporter Paul Gerken breaks down all the things you didn’t know about the mysterious Will of the People.

The Case For Regulation Against Big Data, Fake News And Echo Chambers In Politics: In this opinion piece, Renew supporter George Muscat explains why you should be worried about the impact of big data on politics.

50 Days to Brexit, And MPs Are Clocking Off Early: With under 50 days until Brexit happens, you’d expect MPs to be working round the clock to sort it out. Think again.


Promoted for David Britten on behalf of Renew at Renew PO Box 67997 London SW4 4EY